Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

I'm Going to Rwanda!

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.." or something of that nature.
well, I guess it's announcement time.
I am going to Rwanda alone.
there is no group going with me, and I am 18 and I have made my decision.
I am really excited, and I get to spend over 26 hours (not including layovers) in like 6 planes going to places I've never heard of.
I get to live my future, and I get to finally see Africa.
I get to see my future right in front of me.
Going alone, I get to customize my trip, and I have decided to spend as much time with Twizreimana as possible.
I get to go to her village and spend time with her and her family and friends, and have a meal with them in their home, and see where she gets her aids medicine, and where she goes to school, and I have never been more excited to go anywhere in my entire life.
this is what I have been working towards forever(:

So now I'm fundraising! Selling t-shirts, and working towards my goal! once I raise enough money to go I can call Compassion Intl. and start scheduling when I can leave!(:
So stay tuned, cause more is a'comin!!(:

Peace to you today,
Dorothy.
9.16.13

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is amazing and brave and awesome! Congratulations!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete