Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2013

I Will Not Forget Ecuador..

Soo.. A few days after I got back from Haiti, I got a letter, I had known was going to come, but none-the-less, I had'nt anticipated that day, and it was a letter that I wrote the last day I was in Ecuador.

Denise and Oswaldo had us write a letter of things we wanted to remember about our time in Ecuador, and with the orphans. And so, here is my letter(:

:

5 things I want to remember about Ecuador 2012-2013:

1) Don't forget the stentch of the kids, and how you had to hold your breath when you held them in their arms. And the feeling of knowing lice are crawling on you, and that's what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

2) Don't forget the way Stephen ate ice cream and spilled it all over you and how you felt God through you.

3) Never forget the sadness in their eyes every time you would leave, and knowing that you can no longer pretend they do not exist. They are real. You see them. They exist to you.

4) Knowing that, you know you need to do something about it.

5) Never forget the way you felt when you felt God calling you here, and walking away from the boys home, knowing you are in love with this place, these children, and this culture. Please, don't stop. They need you to come back to help them, They need someone to be for them, and to stay. They need love, they need a chance. They need to know someone loves them and is there for them. Please, don't stop!

Jesus loves them, and you soo.. much!

You can't turn back now! Please.

Keep going.

Go.

Be.

Love.

Will you still?

 

 

He is soo.... proud of you!


God, thank you, for making me remember.
Please, don't ever let me quit.

Peace to you tonight,
7.21.2013.


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Dorothy. You have such a big heart for these kids!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete