Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

FutureMe.org

Soo.. There's a website called futureme.org, and basically, you can send letter to your future self (I know, didn't see that one coming!). Anyways, it's pretty cool, but what I really love is that there's a section called 'public but anonymous', and basically, no one knows who wrote the letter, but everyone can read it. And I love the letters on here. Of course, there are some really stupid ones, but there are a few that I've really started to love. These are some of my favorites!:

"Letter to me

Dear FutureMe,
By the time you get this you will be 18! i hope you realized high school wasn't so bad and i hope you took time to enjoy it. Please don't ever give up, i know things get tough but remember to always keep your head high :) remember your parents love you and i hope you continue to have the wonderful relationship you have now. remember to stop and enjoy the little things in life from time to time. your a beautiful, person inside and out. i hope you don't ever change for the wrong people or the wrong reasons. i hope you get off your ass and change everything you are unhappy with, within the next two years i believe in you. Remember family comes first! now that your 18 don't go crazy cause you think you have so much freedom! hopefully you will go to college soon don't waste your time there study hard! party just a little ;)"

"A Letter from July 6th, 2011

If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start. This could mean loosing girlfriends, wives, relationships, and maybe even you mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days at a time. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean desertion. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you could have ever imagined. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no better feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is."

Soo.. I don't know. I love this idea, but I love getting to feel like I share a part in their happiness to hear from themselves.(:

Peace to you,
7.19.13

1 comment:

  1. This is cool! I've written letters to my past self (like at 16 and 21...yes, I'm old) but I had never seen letters to yourself in the future. You should write one! And the advice on if you're going to do it, go all the way? I love that. Except don't end up in jail. Your dad and I are saving the bail money for ND. Or for when he blows up a dam on the river. Could go either way, really. :)

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete