Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

So I'll Run..


I have decided to start running…

And before you ask, no. I have no intentions on running a marathon, or a triathlon, or any of that other witchcraft.

I just was watching a video and a guy was running, and I thought, “Hey, that looks easy.”

And I know it will so not be easy, but that’s the point. I have always hated running, and what if, before I leave for Rwanda, I confront all of the things I hate, and fear?

I’m going to do it. Sort of a preliminary bucket list. I am going to leave this country, not hating a thing, or at least having a better respect for everything.

I bought some running shoes, and some hiking boots. Before I leave, I want to run some trails at the Bosque, the Sandia’s, the Manzano’s, and I want to at least not feel terrible doing it.

This is somewhat of a Forrest Gump type thing I guess.

But I think it’ll be good!(:

Peace to you,

Dorothy.

11.12.13

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Dorothy! I hated running for sports in high school (even snuck out of track my senior year and hid in the office every day), but now that I just run for my own enjoyment, I really like it! Great way to clear your head. And if you do ever decide to do a race....you let me know and I'll do it with you! Oh, and you should join in our Virtual Turkey Trot! Here's the info...http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com/2013/11/virtual-turkey-trot.html

    ReplyDelete